Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Taco Tuesday Tequila Lime Chicken

Happy Taco Tuesday Amigos! Being from California, tacos are a staple in my diet, so Taco Tuesday is a must in our household. Our normal tacos with ground turkey are great but today I wanted something a little different. I already had a bag of chicken breast I previously seasoned and froze so "Tequila Lime" came to mind immediately. I went to my bar cart to grab the tequila that was left from Cinco de Mayo and started to add to the freezer bag:


  • 1/2 cup of silver tequila
  • juice from 1 lime2 tbsp of cilantro
  • 1/4 cup water
  • 1/2 tsp salt
I gave the bag a few shakes and sat aside while I warmed my stove top griddle to medium. Once heated I grilled the chicken on both sides until cooked thoroughly (165 degrees).

While the chicken grilled I began a sauce to cover the chicken.

  • 1 tbsp oil
  • 1 tbsp all purpose flour
  • left over marinade
I heated the oil in a small sauce pan. I then added the flour and whisked together over low heat into a peanut butter like color and consistency.  Then in went the marinade and water and I blended until even and let thicken a bit. 

I poured the sauce over the chicken and served over a bed a spring mix. Feel free to slice and serve with rice, tortillas, the rest of the tequila or any thing else that completes your Taco Tuesday. 

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment