Saturday, November 28, 2015

Happy Two Days After Thanksgiving!

Thanksgiving is Over Messes! 

I have been busy with my transition into Christmas. Of course, I had to take a break to eat.  I'm sure by now you so over the left over plates of turkey and goodies like me. And if you cook anything like I do there is still plenty of turkey left. Here's what I did today to jazz up some left overs, Turkey Croquets. In my house we like dark meat so there was still an entire breast left. I skinned it and threw it in my mixer with 1/4 cup of chopped onions, a teaspoon of minced garlic, 4 eggs, 1/8 cup of bread crumbs and a couple shakes of creole seasoning. Once shredded and mixed I formed the mixture into patties and fried in 1/4 inch oil. While that cooked we threw a bag of sweet potato fries and ciabatta rolls in the oven. (Just warm the bread, don't leave it in long and forget about it like my husband did the first batch.) Once everything was done I smeared some of my left over home made cranberry sauce on my bun and... Voila... No more boring sliced turkey! The kids and hubby loved it. Even my anti poultry kid thought the "Burgers were yummy!" 


Do you like my plaid table cloth? I can't wait to show you guys the final product.

What are you guys doing with the rest of your weekend and turkey? Share your left over recipes in the comments. 
 
Also, if you'd like a full recipe let me know. 

See you Messes later!

Atiya

No comments:

Post a Comment